IKEA is a Swedish-founded multinational group that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture, kitchen appliances and home accessories, among other useful goods and occasionally home services. It has been the world’s largest furniture retailer since at least 2008.
Today, IKEA’s overall ambition is to become people and planet positive, and to inspire and enable many people to live a better everyday life within the limits of the planet. To do this, IKEA are transforming into a circular business. The circular economy is a new way of looking at the relationship between consumers, products and the companies that create them.
Currently 85% of waste at IKEA stores is recycled. This brief focusses on designing a digital experience that can help bring awareness and instructions to staff members so that the remaining 15% waste is processed and recycled correctly.
- Design a digital experience that improves awareness around the recycling and waste management processes at IKEA stores
- Conduct 2 usability testing rounds to refine your solution and enhance the usability and engagement of your solution.
Your mentor will guide you every step of the way!
Harness Projects gets you working on real projects to build a killer portfolio
A unique partnership with the Interaction Design Foundation
We are proud to be partnering with the Interaction Design Foundation. Inspired by the Scandinavian educational system, IDF gives you access to world leading UX Design content and a global community of over 475 local groups in 84 countries.
Successful applicants receive a
FREE 12-MONTH MEMBERSHIP to the Interaction Design Foundation
Skills you'll learn
Each of our projects aim to develop your technical UX skills as well as the attitudinal strengths that hiring managers are increasingly seeking. These skills compliment each other and it’s through their combined application where you can stand out from the pack. As part of your Career Switcher Package, you will dive deeper into the advanced techniques for each of the skills below.
More from our students
Your Employability Scorecard
In consultation with world-leading psychologists and leading UX hiring managers, Harness Projects has developed a world-first employability score-card for UX designers. This breaks down the exact areas of focus you need to ensure your employability in UX. Throughout all of our Harness Projects, our mentors will be assessing your performance and growth across a series of 36 UX technical skills and attitudinal strengths.
You will receive action plans and feedback for areas requiring focus. Over 100 UX hiring managers have mapped the capabilities we are assessing you on to real world salary ranges for Junior through to Senior UX designers.