Learn UX Design on a project with Freedom Wheels
Learn UX and gain experience in the fast growing health tech industry on this real world project with Freedom Wheels. Design an innovative online process used by therapists when prescribing custom bicycles for children living with a disability
- STARTS 28 AUGUST
- 9 WEEKSWeekly Workshops - Tuesday 6pm - 9pm AEST
- $2600 (Incl GST)Part-payment plans available
Freedom Wheels is a TAD service which supports clients who cannot ride a standard bicycle to ride independently for the first time. Each Freedom Wheels bike is prescribed by a TAD therapist who sets up the supports attached to the bikes to support posture and position based on the client’s physical and cognitive needs. The Freedom Wheels system is a series of modular support attachments to help stay on the seat, hold on the handlebar, keep feet on pedals and maintain balance.
To expand their distribution channels and reach more people wanting to ride for the first time, TAD intends on creating an online portal/app to improve and streamline the therapy assessment and bike build process to engage regionally-based therapists on a contract basis and send pre-made bike kits for our regional volunteer network to assemble and deliver to clients.
- Research and understand the needs and ways of working of Freedom Wheel assigned therapists
- Convert a paper-based therapy prescription form to an easy-to-use online system for regional therapists that is intuitive to use
- The form should require no formal training but include in-built guidelines as part of the UX design to enable new therapists to pick it up and begin using easily.
Your mentor will guide you every step of the way!
Harness Projects gets you working on real projects to build a killer portfolio
A unique partnership with the Interaction Design Foundation
We are proud to be partnering with the Interaction Design Foundation. Inspired by the Scandinavian educational system, IDF gives you access to world leading UX Design content and a global community of over 475 local groups in 84 countries.
Successful applicants receive a
FREE 12-MONTH MEMBERSHIP to the Interaction Design Foundation
What you'll Learn
Sounds great, now what?
Register your interest here and a Harness Projects consultant will be in touch to discuss the project in more detail with you.